Plant name: Ocimum tenuiflor
Active constituents: oleanolic acid, ursolic acid, rosmarinic acid, eugenol, carvacrol
- Regulates cortisol levels, decreasing the physiologic impacts of stress.
- Antioxidant molecules such as glutathione and enhancing the activity of anti‑oxidant enzymes such as superoxide dismutase and catalase, which protect cellular organelles and membranes by mopping up damaging free radicals caused by lack of oxygen and other toxic agents
- Anti‑inflammatory attributed to eugenol and linoleic acid content and the inhibition of both the cyclooxygenase and the lipoxygenase pathways of arachidonic acid metabolism
- Anti‑anxiety and anti‑depressant properties, with effects comparable to diazepam and antidepressants drugs
- Increased immune response with increased Natural Killer (NK) and T-helper cells