Plant name: Centella asiatica
Active constituents: asiaticosides, triterpenes, brahmoside and brahminoside,
- Rejuvenative nervine recommended for nervous disorders, including epilepsy, senility and premature aging.
- CNS effects in Indian literature such as stimulatory-nervine tonic, rejuvenant, sedative, tranquilizer and intelligence promoting property
- Brahmoside and brahminoside constituents, while the anxiolytic activity is considered to be, in part due to binding to cholecystokinin receptors (CCKB), a group of G protein coupled receptors which bind the peptide hormones cholesystokinin (CCK) or gastrin and were thought to play a potential role in modulation of anxiety
- Total triterpenes ameliorate the function of HPA axis and increasing the contents of monoamine neurotransmitters for its antidepressant effects
- Cognitive and antioxidant: it is known to re-vitalize the brain and nervous system, increase attention span and concentration and combat aging